1. Apologies if this reminds anyone of the Cats movie but a but a split-second flick of the tongue has given this cat a bizarre appearance.
Reddit | SloughWitch
That’s right, that’s the cat’s tongue and it hasn’t somehow grown creepily human-like lips. So I guess that’s the good news.
2. Not to worry, you’re not likely to ever walk into a spider web this big.
Reddit | N0X1S
At least, that’s not what you’ll encounter if you ever find yourself on this French street.
Instead, we’re seeing the results of this street light shining through some drooping tree branches.
3. Wow, it looks like nothing is going to stop this couple from taking a nice picture together. Not even an explosion.
Reddit | duffleberries
Except this isn’t actually an explosion, as you might expect.
Because while I suppose these two could very well be cool enough not to look at one happening behind them, we’re really just seeing the sun illuminate the side of a mountain.
4. Even if it doesn’t take long to realize what we’re looking at, there’s still that little moment that makes us do a double take.
Reddit | GattMallant
In that moment, all we can see here is a tiny Tim Conway leaning in front of the poster of a movie that doesn’t look very good.
Of course, once we’re back to reality, it’s a lot clearer that most of that figure is just Seth Meyers’ microphone.
5. Although we know this dog isn’t floating, I have to admit that I’m not exactly sure what is happening here.
Reddit | FilthierCasual
Either the dog is dangling between the sides of this chair, it’s got the same seemingly impossible balancing skills that cats and mountain goats do, or there’s a pillow on this chair that’s the same color as it.
The answer is up to you, I guess.
6. This serene sunset scene is as beautiful as it is hard to figure out.
Reddit | hannahbakerbrokeit
But you’ll see that it gets a little clearer when you look at this photo upside down. Apparently, both the bike and the scenery are just reflections in the water next to those rocks.
7. You don’t know how much I’d like to hang around a duck that big but once again, things are not what they seem.
Reddit | jackalala01
While the way this photo is laid out makes it unlikely that it’s just closer to the camera than it seems, there’s something proportionally weird and artificial-looking about its head that suggests we’re not looking at a real duck.
Perhaps it’s a big plush that someone put next to this rink.
8. Although I’ve been mystified to see full tree trunks somehow dangle above their stumps, we’re not looking at that on a smaller scale.
Reddit | Sylvester_Duncan
Instead, this tall grass is completely intact. It’s just being crossed by a shadow that gives us the impression that it’s been cut in half.